Disclaimer: IThelpnumber.com is leading customer service information provider .We have no association with any firms unless this relationship is specified. Any usage of brand names, trademarks, services and products in merely referential and we straightaway disclaim any type of affiliation, endorsement and sponsorship by any third party. We also affirm that any kind of trademarks and logos used in our website does not have any relation with us are used just for providing information only.
How can I fix error 6000 in QuickBooks?
In the QuickBooks error, 6000 users experienced the error while opening the company file. It includes a series of errors caused mainly by factors like TLG file corrupted; a firewall is blocking the connection, damaged company file, etc. This problem of QuickBooks error 6000 can be solved in simple steps. The company file is located on the external storage and can be opened with the mapped drive reference. When this error occurs, users will see that “this file cannot be opened” and make the below points in this situation.
Techniques to fix error 6000 code in QuickBooks
Update the QuickBooks:
This error can be caused due to the outdated version of QuickBooks and can be fixed by installing the latest version. For this, you need to open the QuickBooks desktop and type F2 to check for the current update and install it on the device
Rename the ND and TLG files:
The ND and TLF files are a part of company files at QuickBooks, and once you rename these files, QuickBooks will re-scan the server. You need to do the below steps to rename:
- First, open the folder that contains the company file.
- Then, you need to search the file named as your company file with ND and TLG files.
- With this, right-click on each file, choose rename and enter the word OLD at the last of each file name.
- You need to open the QuickBooks again and check the issue is resolved or not.
Open a sample company file:
Once you open the sample company file, you can check if the issue is with the file or the QuickBooks app. If the same company file is also not open, the problem can be in the QuickBooks itself.
Copy the file on the desktop:
You can copy-paste the file on the desktop in the below steps:
- First, you need to open the folder that contains your company file and find it with QBW extensions.
- At there, right-click on the file and tap on the copy button.
- With this, navigate to the desktop and right tap on the screen to select the paste button.
- You need to hold down the control key and open the QuickBooks.
- You will see the new folder of the same file that you can open with this.
Moreover, you can also connect with the customer support of QuickBooks. They will help you fix the QuickBooks error code 6000 and get the company file in no time.